Why you shouldn't worry about IPv6 just yet

Marcus Stoegbauer ms at man-da.de
Fri Aug 20 23:37:59 CEST 2010

On 20.08.10 17:03, Mark Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:41:21 +0200
> Sebastian Wiesinger <ipv6-ops at ml.karotte.org> wrote:
>
>> Wow, what a well researched and balanced article this is:
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/360418/why-you-shouldnt-worry-about-ipv6-just-yet/
>>
>> I'm pondering if this article is actually sarcasm or if he is
>> trolling.
>>

> So is he putting up is hand to be on call if and when something breaks?
>
> I'd much rather be too early than too late ....

That's what she said.

   Marcus

But on a serious note: The article shows the viewpoint of internet
users. In theory they need not worry because they pay their providers
for presenting them with a solution. In practice the article barely
makes this distinction because it would've distracted from the authors
imaginary wit.