IPv6 client loss measurements, now on the web

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Apr 28 20:25:49 CEST 2010

That link, despite being titled "a message to Apple regarding the OS X
problems" is NOT a "a message to Apple regarding the OS X problems"

I'll call you attention to the following in this URL:

"...These lists are NOT a replacement for formal support or bug
reporting procedures. They are an informal communications tool, with no
guarantee that every posting will be read by someone at Apple..."

Here is the link for the actual bug reports:

http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/bugrptform.html

Now, as to the thread that's linked:

There is NO response from anyone identifying themselves as being from
Apple.  There's a post from David Sinn saying:

"I've submitted a bug, we'll have to wait and see if Apple reacts"

dated a month ago.  No followup.  No bug # or any way to check
the status of the bug or if it was even submitted.  Nor is it
mentioned if it was submitted to the public Darwin project or
to Apple proper.  Darwin bugs seem to be sent to the Darwin-dev
mailing list at the above URL.

In an earlier post David says:

"...Being in .edu space, we have predominantly public IPv4 addressed
hosts..."

Thus clearly David is not an Apple employee so this isn't even
an "insider" taking care of this quietly, under the table.

Ted