IPv6 client loss measurements, now on the web

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Apr 28 19:23:25 CEST 2010

Tore,

   There is one thing missing.  You mentioned:

"...I'd like to thank Opera Software for working with me and fixing the
problem in their browser, and Fedora, Canonical, Gentoo, Novell,
Mandriva, and Debian for applying my patches to glibc in their
respective Linux distributions..."

However there is NO mention of Apple - yet you have documented MacOSX
with the "...the RFC1918/6to4 preference problem...."

I cannot believe that you have IGNORED Apple Computer and NOT made
any attempt to contact them about this bug.  Any THINKING person who
saw this site would instantly assume the same.

I can only conclude that you attempted to contact Apple who in their
usual "Not Invented Here" assumption that they are God's Gift to
Computing, basically told you to go to hell.

I would assume anyone reading this page would assume the same -
in short, assume the worst.

Thus, this site is a HUGE slam against Apple Computer and I'm frankly
surprised that legions of Macaphiles haven't burned you at the stake
yet.

But seriously, I think your really doing a disservice to Mac owners.
If you HAVEN'T contacted Apple then say so and I'm sure there's a few
Mac owners who have their brand new Macs will take it upon themselves to
contact Apple for you.

If you HAVE contacted them and they have pooh-poohed this then say so
also and once more I'm sure there's going to be some well-connected
Mac owners who will bring pressure to bear.

Or if you HAVE contacted them and they have said "we are working on
a fix" then once more, Mac owners have an interest in knowing.

But don't just leave us hanging by saying nothing.  Mac owners will
want this fixed, just like they would want any bug in MacOS fixed,
the sooner the better.  For them to get it done means that we need
public documentation of Apples responses.

Ted