CMTS support of IPv6

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Tue Apr 27 20:44:32 CEST 2010

We are running a uBR7246 CMTS and i have it configured with an IPv6
address on the loopback and bundle.  Since we are using CNR version 6.x,
we cannot push out IPv6 addresses to the end-user at this time.  CNR
version 7.x is supposed to have full support for IPv6 clients.  We are
also only running DOCSIS 1.1/2.0 modems which do not support IPv6.  So
bottom line is that the Cisco CMTS supports IPv6, but the provisioning
software (6.x) and the modems (DOCSIS 1.1/2.0) to do not currently
support IPv6.

Chris Gotstein, Sr Network Engineer, UP Logon/Computer Connection UP
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com