Comcast's IPv6 CPE selection

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Apr 24 21:40:34 CEST 2010

On 04/24/10 09:50, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Ted:
>
> What you've written seems very plausible.
>
> It's my understanding, from following on this listserv and others, that
> DD-WRT doesn't have IPv6 as part of the base package and that it takes a
> little bit of work to put on and that not all the kinks are worked out.
> Hopefully the good folk who work on the DD-WRT stuff can massage IPv6 into
> the base package and feature set.

Two problems here, the first is that when you talk about "DD-WRT" you're
really talking about many different firmwares, packages, combinations of
modules, etc. (For better or worse) there is no One True DD-WRT. The
other problem is that what you wrote isn't quite accurate. :)  I'm
happily using IPv6 on my Linksys 160N:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66205

As you can see from this chart IPv6 support is included in all but the
tiniest versions of DD-WRT:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#File_Versions

Admittedly it was not as easy to set up as just clicking a few buttons,
but now that it's done it "just works." The computers on my home network
see the RAs and configure themselves as they should. As far as they are
concerned it's native IPv6 just as $DEITY intended.  :)

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads