Which firmware for Linksys WRT54GL 1.1 and IPv6

Daniel G. Kluge dkluge at acm.org
Sun Apr 11 15:40:17 CEST 2010

Am 06.04.2010 um 13:37 schrieb Christian Hahn:

>> I just wanted to flash a WRT54GL 1.1 with OpenWRT (8.09.2) and configure
>> IPv6 with it. This doesn't work (insmod ipv6 insmod: unresolved symbol
>> tcp_destroy_sock This is documented, but the ticket is closed as "works
>> for me".)
>>
>> So which firmware should I try next? Or should I buy a Cisco for my
>> parents? ;-)
> I have one running with 8.09, flashed at least half a year ago, and the kernel
> supports IPv6. If you want OpenWRT 8.* I would suggest to try out a slightly
> older release than 8.09.2.

You just made me look again, I'm running KAMIKAZE (8.09.1, r16278) on my WRT54GL, and it servers as my IPv6 yunnel endpoint.

So that binary worked just fine. And here some handy notes I keep for the installation (That was eight months ago, and it has been running since).

Necessary packages for IPv6:
aiccu radvd kmod-ipv6 kmod-tun ip

Optional packages I need/like:
minupnpd ip6tables ntpclient tcpdump