Dealing with filtered 6to4 clients

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Tue Oct 27 13:08:57 CET 2009

Tore Anderson wrote:
> Maybe I shouldn't be too optimistic about it, but I'm hoping to find a
> solution that will solve the problem today (without requiring assistance
> from third parties like Opera or Microsoft), in a manner that allows me
> to convince my customers to start providing their content over IPv6.  If
> I can get just that ball rolling and more and more v6-enabled sites show
> up here in Norway, the onus to not break v6 will shift to the eyeball
> networks (or so I hope).

The only other way of fixing this or ensuring no breaking is a DNS
whitelist type of filter like what Google does.

I wouldn't encourage that, but if your eyeball networks are that
paranoid, that's a way, how they can be in control. They could then
choose not to provide AAAA records to 6to4- and teredo- clients.

Anyhow .. that's a hack and not to be encouraged, really.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
--
Airwire - Ag Nascadh Pobail an Iarthair