Dealing with filtered 6to4 clients

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Oct 27 13:01:52 CET 2009

* Martin List-Petersen

> First approach would be to get Opera to fix the bug/feature then, making
> them aware of the issues, they are causing.

That has already been done.  I don't know when (or if) they'll fix it,
but in any case the broken implementation won't vanish overnight when
the fixed version is released.  I doubt this will be the last broken
client-side implementation we'll see either...

Maybe I shouldn't be too optimistic about it, but I'm hoping to find a
solution that will solve the problem today (without requiring assistance
from third parties like Opera or Microsoft), in a manner that allows me
to convince my customers to start providing their content over IPv6.  If
I can get just that ball rolling and more and more v6-enabled sites show
up here in Norway, the onus to not break v6 will shift to the eyeball
networks (or so I hope).

Thanks to you and Jeroen both for your input!

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/