ipv6-ops Digest, Vol 56, Issue 6

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Nov 18 14:12:35 CET 2009

> > Sites running SUSE Linux.
> > Read this Technical Information Document from Novell for more info
> >
> <http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&
> > ex
> >
> ternalId=10074602&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=102635143&sta
> > te
> > Id=0%200%20102633339>
>
> This article refers to Netware and not Linux. But I agree,
> it's a bad and strange idea.

Nowadays, Netware is a strange hybrid with the SUSE Linux system under
the name Open Enterprise Server. Even if it is using the Netware kernel,
you can still install things like Apache or sendmail. So companies which
trust Novell for their core network operating system now run some form
of SUSE Linux and will tend to look to Novell for support information.

That's why I think we could probably cure this problem if someone with
contacts at Novell or SUSE, could raise the issue and suggest how they
could correct their TID and issue an announcement about proper
configuration of IPv6 on their servers.

--Michael Dillon