Question about 6to4

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri May 15 00:47:44 CEST 2009

The problem is finding a cheap router costing under $40 that
can be used on the end of a DSL line, and that speaks IPv6 and
is supported from the manufacturer.  Right
now what seems to be the popular route to go is the dd-wrt.com
firmware but all the routers that are in that price range are
4MB flash and will only run the mini loads, not the mega loads
(ie: Linksys WRT54GL, ASUS WL520GU, etc.) and getting IPv6 running
in 4MB on those is a lot of configuration work that I can see
is just waiting to crash and burn and create a support issue.
Going with a better router like in the $80 range is fine for the
small business customers but the residential people won't go for
that unless they are the early adopter/experimenter types.  I
really want to stay in the role of ISP providing the pipe, not
ISP providing the pipe and fixing your $40 router :-(

Ted