Question about 6to4

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri May 15 00:16:51 CEST 2009

Ah, I get it now.  So basically in other words if I want to setup a 6to4
relay either I have
to make it private, in which case I will definitely only be de-encapsulating
6to4 traffic that is originating
from my network, or make it public, in which case I will still definitely
only be de-encapsulating
6to4 traffic that is originating from my network, but there is only a small
increased chance that I will
be re-encapsulating incoming traffic to my network and forwarding it to
customers, since it is
completely up to how far my IPv6 advertisement is propagated, but almost
certainly I will be
de-encapsulating traffic for a whole lot of other networks.

Am I correct in assuming this is a severe disincentive to putting up IPv6
public relays? ;-)

I guess that is why RFC3964 was written.  Looks like the Linksys code is a
dud, then.

Ted

  _____