How to choose IPv6 addresses for customer links?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Jan 30 22:49:53 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:38:00PM -0600, Dan White wrote:
> In the case where a customer router is performing DHCP prefix
> delegation, is the provider router installing a route at the time of
> assignment?

It better should.  (But this is not RA, this is DHCP PD :-) ).

Actually, I have no practical experience with DHCP PD yet - but I can't
really think of any useful way to have DHCP PD without installing a route
at delegation time.

> With BGP, I suppose I will need to know the customer's two router
> addresses (or link layer addresses) at configuration time.

Yep.  Either "know" or just mandate ("we have :0:1 and :0:2, you have
:1:1 and :1:2, period").

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  128645

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279