How to choose IPv6 addresses for customer links?

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Wed Feb 4 23:08:14 CET 2009

Hi,

As noted you can't filter prefixes if you run OSPF with the customer.
You can always do things like run a totally stubby area or not-so-
stubby-area with you customer, but it's just a pain and it doesn't
prevent the customer from sending you LSAs that can grow your LSDB.

If your customer's routes are contained within a specific routing
context (other than your default routing context, ie. VPN) you can
decide to run OSPFv3 on your customer links. These routes will not
affect other routing contexts.

Ideally you will want to run BGP, it scales better for inter-domain
routing.

Truman Boyes