How to choose IPv6 addresses for customer links?

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Wed Feb 4 17:54:46 CET 2009

* Dan White

> I would think that I could filter ospf6/ripng advertisements based on
> which interface (customer) i'm receiving them from.

With OSPF you can't filter prefixes, since it's a link-state routing
protocol.  At least most implementations I've dealt with does not allow it.

With RIPv2 you can, though, so I guess you can with RIPng as well.  FWIW
I've used RIP to connect customers that doesn't want the complexity of
BGP, where I generally just send them a default route, and import
whatever they send me into OSPF - if it passes my RIP filters, that is.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/