ShowIP

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Dec 1 19:15:16 CET 2009

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Matt Ryanczak wrote:
>
>> This is still useful behavior. Having been on IPv6 for quite sometime
>> now I have found this tool useful for determining why I can't connect
>> to a certain website. If I see an IPv6 address in the status bar when
>
> Yes, it's useful, but one has to understand what it really does to
> understand what's going on. Saying "It shows the IP address used to
> connect" (as was stated in the initial post) is just not true.

Wow, tough room! In fairness to the OP the description of the plugin
(which I have also used for some time and like) does seem to indicate
that it is showing the IP address used to connect. I became suspicious
about that one day when I had my IPv6 off for testing and the plugin
was still showing IPv6. :)

Doug