ShowIP

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Dec 1 19:04:28 CET 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Matt Ryanczak wrote:

> This is still useful behavior. Having been on IPv6 for quite sometime
> now I have found this tool useful for determining why I can't connect to
> a certain website. If I see an IPv6 address in the status bar when

Yes, it's useful, but one has to understand what it really does to
understand what's going on. Saying "It shows the IP address used to
connect" (as was stated in the initial post) is just not true. Well, per
some definition it might be, if one implies "the first IP used", if this
connection attempt fails then the webpage might very well be loaded from
sone other IP (as was in my example).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se