RADIUS/IPv6CP bits and pieces for IPv6 subscriber access

Jens Rosenboom jens.rosenboom at freenet.ag
Mon Oct 27 15:03:45 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:57:03PM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Are there known CPE which barf on receiving IPv6CP ?
>
> How do you handle all the "corner" cases ?
>
> - One PPPoE session with both v4 and v6
> - One PPPoE session with only v4
> - One PPPoE session with only v6
>
> Are you using different vpdn groups for it ?

Our server does not initiate IPv6CP actively, it needs to be triggered
by the CPE, so older equipment should continue to work as before with
no change required.

If the CPE refuses to do IPCP, the server still continues and tries
to negotiate v4 every now and then again, but that doesn't seem to
affect v6 either.