RADIUS/IPv6CP bits and pieces for IPv6 subscriber access

Jens Rosenboom jens.rosenboom at freenet.ag
Mon Oct 27 14:54:18 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 06:59:00PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:22:07AM +0200, Jens Rosenboom wrote:
> > Our current lab setup uses a Cisco 876 running 12.4(6)T10, we do
> > dhcpv6 local server on the ERX getting the prefix to be assigned
> > via Radius. The CPE fetches this prefix and announces it on the
> > local client LAN, seems to work pretty well except that
> > autoconfig of the outside CPE address is broken.
>
> Fancy to post some config examples for ERX and IOS?

For the ERX there is just

profile myprofile
 ipv6 unnumbered loopback 0
 ipv6 nd other-config-flag
!
service dhcpv6-local

and then on the RADIUS server something like

Framed-Ipv6-Prefix = 2001:748:42:cc00::/56

to define what the ERX will send via DHCPv6. For IOS I have:

interface Dialer1
 ipv6 address autoconfig default
 ipv6 dhcp client pd LAN
!
interface Vlan1
 ipv6 address LAN 1111::1/64

Roughly the same behaviour can be done on a *nix box running
the wide dhcpv6-client and this config:

# cat /etc/wide-dhcpv6/dhcp6c.conf
interface ppp0
{