RADIUS/IPv6CP bits and pieces for IPv6 subscriber access

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Oct 23 15:12:51 CEST 2008

Hey,

Does anybody have any examples of how they are handing out v6
addresses to customers using PPPoE?

I'm working on some config, but I'm not sure of the appropriate
conventions. For example, should I be handing out a host address for
the customer router as a /128, along with a customer-side /48 (or /64
or whatever; I figured we'd just give everybody static /48s for now)
which should be routed towards the /128, or something different?

In case it helps to know, this is using JUNOSe 8.2 on ERX310s for LNS,
subscribers see PPPoE, we see L2TP on the LNS, the mysterious cloud in
the middle is run by Bell Canada (who use ERXes to switch the
tunnels). The subscriber equipment I'm playing with right now is a
cisco 2600 with DSL WICs running 12.3(23).

Joe