Ipv6 Routing (from hell)

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Fri Mar 28 01:38:50 CET 2008

>>> And remind you, we are usually talking about dozens of el-cheapo 20
>>> EUR consumer DSL connections to different ISPs in those meshing
>>> networks, there is just no way of getting native IPv6 with BGP on there.
>> We are a small ISP in southern Ontario Canada, and even with our
>> 100Mbps LANx connection, can not get native IPv6 from our upstream.
>> The temporary solution for the el-cheapos (as you put it) is obviously
>> tunneling, but the real fix and long term solution is a massive
>> collective vocal "we want IPv6!!" by all of the DSL consumers to their
>> ISPs.
>>
> A very open and interesting discussion about the difficulties of rolling
> out IPv6 ADSL services to consumers from a large ISP's standpoint is at:
>
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/928341.html

Thank you.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone that run ISPs who have investigated the
migration. It was not my intention to put down anyone who is actively
pursuing implementing IPv6 by any means...

My main point was to get people vocal about it.

Please understand that I come from a situation that I get no response
when I ask about IPv6 for my feed (100Mb fibre) from my upstream. I
suspect that in your case anyone who inquires of you, receives at
minimum a response back in regards to the request...

Steve