Google and IPv6

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon Mar 17 14:38:02 CET 2008

Terry Manderson wrote:
[..]

> Probably a little askew from topic..
>
> In the past few IETFs and some security related meetings I have run into
> a few security folk who are rather concerned about 6to4, (proto 41).
> Their concerns relate to the existence of command and control channels
> to and from botnets using 6to4 and completely bypassing IDS and firewall
> packet inspection.
>
> Has anyone else heard or seen this?

Seen and shut off a couple of times already.

But any real botwriter knows that the best C&C method is HTTP, just use
http(s) and send some nice GET/POST's over it. Looks like normal traffic
anyway you want it. Also one could of course do AJAX/JSON stuff in there
now to make nice formatted data which really looks like normal AJAX
traffic. Try blocking that...

Greets,
  Jeroen