Google and IPv6

Alex Howells alex at bytemark.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 02:36:30 CET 2008

Erik Kline wrote:
> Here's hoping our little experiment goes well.  /me crosses fingers

Looking good from here!  Thanks for the new toy to tinker with ;)
Definitely waiting for mail.google.com/a/yourdomain to work with IPv6
though - maybe on my Xmas Wishlist for 2009? :D

I agree with what other posters have mentioned about AAAA records not
being ready for primetime on a service like www.google.com :) Potential
reachability issues are nothing to be trivialized and in my limited
experience quad-A records have had a somewhat unpredictable effect upon
DNS resolution time / success rate / complexity.

If you can discuss at all, could you comment on how much of Google is
IPv6 connected (internally) at the moment or plans for the future?

Cheerio,
Alex