[Fwd: [dns-operations] AAAA records to be added for root servers]

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Fri Jan 4 00:51:43 CET 2008

/48s being allocated today are the 192/8 class Cs of yesteryear, with the
same challenges in filtering.  They are being allocated to RIR policy so
unless an ISP decides they are going to impose filters more strict than what
the RIRs allocate, they're sort of stuck.

Mighty big swamp we're making.

With regards to diversity, M and K are already assigned out of a /32 (I'll
forgo comment on the fact that we're using exactly 2 addresses out of
158,456,325,028,528,675,187,087,900,672 because, you know, IPv6 addresses
are unlimited... (:-) for the irony impaired)).

Regards,
-drc