IPv6 NS glue registration (was Re: getting DNS config to clients)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Apr 22 20:45:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:13:18PM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:
> But you're talking about a case where glue is required. I'm talking
> about the case when glue is not required.
>
> I can add a host object for NS.EXAMPLE.ORG in the INFO registry with
> no address, which is sufficient for me to link ORG domains to the
> NS.EXAMPLE.ORG host.

At *some* point, you'll need glue.  If not in the INFO registry, then
in the .ORG registry, for NS.EXAMPLE.ORG.

(And while you could technically do completely without glue, by putting
all nameservers for example.INFO into NS*.example.org, and vice versa,
I don't think this is going to work...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  110584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279