IPv6 NS glue registration (was Re: getting DNS config to clients)

Phil Pennock ipv6-ops+phil at spodhuis.org
Mon Apr 21 23:23:13 CEST 2008

On 2008-04-20 at 17:41 +0200, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Interesting. Can you disclose who handled that or how you reached the right
> person, as the last response I heard of from Joker was "Doesn't understand
> the concept of glue records, thinks you want managed hosting which does
> support AAAA records"

I've had the occasional bad response from Joker's support; their
first-level mail-responder staff aren't as good as the rest of the setup.
This might just be a case of the rest of the setup raising expectations
so that the first-level responders stand out, only by comparison.  They
seemed about typical for the industry.

Nowadays, the name-server setup does have boxes for both IPv4 and IPv6
addresses, so the knowledge that IPv6 is there is obviously spreading,
it's only that they didn't support, in automated processes, IPv6-*only*
NS records.

The person who responded and who did understand and set things up was
"Christoph Schiffer".

Thanks,
-Phil