current usage of AAAA implicit MX?

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Tue Apr 15 18:20:18 CEST 2008

As a person who has a humble mail server at the end of an IPv6 tunnel, I
get a small amount of traffic.
The sources are primarily mail list. These include any list relayed by
mx2.freebsd.org, mout?.freenet.de, mail.lacnic.net, and mail.ietf.org.

I am using sendmail, cyrus imapd and thunderbird ... all the software in
the path can and does handle IPv6 e-mail.

On occasions I come across broken DNS and arrogant network
administrators who are unwilling to fix the brokenness.

The floodgates will open when gmail, yahoo, and hotmail decide to take
the plunge.