BCP: Slicing a /32 for an ISP

Michael Adams madams at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 14 08:03:28 CEST 2008

Mark Tinka,  14 Apr 2008 9:48:

> * Drilling deeper into each PoP's assignment:
>
> 		- /128 for Loopback addresses
> 		- /112 used for routing & switching kit
> 			* border
> 			* core
> 			* edge
> 			* peering
>
> 		- /112 used for production servers & services
> 		- /126 used for WAN point-to-point links

I'm eager to hear more opinions about this. We are going to use
/64 for all kind of network interfaces including point-to-point
links and loopback interfaces.

regards,
Michael

--
Michael Adams                             Tel: +49 221 2222 657
Network Engineering & Design              Fax: +49 221 2222 7657

NetCologne                                Geschäftsführer
Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH    Werner Hanf
Am Coloneum 9                             Dipl.-Ing. Karl-Heinz Zankel
50829 Köln                                HRB 25580, Amtsgericht Köln