BCP: Slicing a /32 for an ISP

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Wed Apr 2 03:19:16 CEST 2008

Quick to the point:

Has anyone done any documentation on how they decided to slice up their
IPv6 allocation?

I'm pulling hairs deciding on a tactical solution for the long-term in
regards to how I should 'cut up' my /32.

Can anyone here provide any feedback, positive or negative to the way
they have done this?

What did you use for core infrastructure? What did you divide off for
remote PoPs? Did you cut up your /32 into /35's and work from there? etc
etc.

I can't find any decent documentation for what has worked for an ISP,
and how 'they' did it, particular to a small ISP. (forgoing an argument
about CPE assignment, I just want to know how people are assigning and
delegating routing slots from the core to their edge).

Before I can make a concrete decision (because the size of the space
still intimidates me), I've been simply using 'my:32::x/64' type
addresses for testing within a single subnet.

Regards,

Steve