Connectivity to Latin American NRENs

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Thu Oct 11 10:51:52 CEST 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:33:26AM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> this is my usual whining about the sad state of the global IPv6 routing
>> in certain parts of the DFZ. Today's episode is about the mess one has
>> to cross when trying to reach most educational destinations in Latin
>> America as well as Canada. I've tried to reach someone responsible by
>> mail for the last four weeks, but failed to get any response.
>
> Next week there's the NANOG meeting in the US.
>
> Is someone on this list who would volunteer to take this to NANOG, and
> raise a stink^Wgood discussion on the topic?
>
> (My routing table talk is there, but I myself am not - I could raise
> the topic at RIPE, but I think that NANOG would be a better audience)
>
> Gert Doering
>        -- NetMaster
> --
> Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  122119
>
> SpaceNet AG                        Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard
> Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14          Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
> D-80807 Muenchen                   HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
> Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279

Hi,

Not sure if i've seen this in english... but last month (20th Sept) the
Brazilian NREN (RNP) announced that they activated IPv6 on their transit
connection towards Global Crossing (on 13th Sept).
Geographically, they are a big part of South America.... :-)

Best Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa, Portugal, Europe                          www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
           The end is near........ see http://ipv4.potaroo.net
  "Internet is just routes (217118/774), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.