APNIC IPv6 transit exchange

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Thu Nov 29 15:11:59 CET 2007

On 29-Nov-2007, at 03:21, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> This looks a bit like APNIC is going back to the 6bone days.
> Odd, I always got the impression that IPv6 was doing fine in that
> area.... clearly I was wrong and Europe is definitely in the lead.
> I am also really wondering how several IPv6 transits, and in this case
> especially the good folks from NTT are liking this.

It has been my experience that when you phrase things in an AF-neutral
way in conversations with operators in Australia and New Zealand it
mainly leads to bitter, cynical laughter, "yeah, like *we* have any
IPv6 down here". In that context, the ability to plumb tunnels to
Brisbane rather than California probably represents a win.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Joe