Anyone from ARIN listening?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Nov 1 18:50:32 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, James Jun wrote:
>> Well, ARIN still doesn't work here but as I was suspecting, this may
>> be an issue at Sprint or such.
>
> Could you ask NORDUnet reroute _30071_ via dante/geant?  That's the path
> we're taking from our end so I would assume NORDUnet should see commodity
> internet routes from dante as well.
>
> In the mean time, I'll try to pin-point where the failure is at between
> 30071_3549 with regards to pMTU and work with appropriate contacts to fix
> it.

I'm afraid changing NORDUnet's routing would take a while.  But maybe
if you could route a /48 with a pingable server through the same path
as ARIN's advertisement is taking, it would be possible to confirm
whether this is an ARIN problem or not.  At our end, you can ping6
e.g. ftp.funet.fi with big packets.