BCP for multisite multihoming

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sun May 27 00:10:14 CEST 2007

Iljitsch van Beijnum writes:
> On 22-mei-2007, at 19:42, Jason Schiller wrote:
>> All transit providers in a given geographical region would be
>> required to
>> do SFI-Peering,

> What's SFI-Peering?

SFI = Settlement-Free Interconnect
(So SFI-Peering is Settlement-Free Interconnect-Peering :-)

ISPs generally feel strongly about their rights to decide for
themselves with which other ISPs they want to peer (settlement-free).

Proponents of new schemes should make it very clear that they won't
take this right away from ISPs, if they want buy-in from that
community.  Personally I think geographical addressing could lead to
better aggregation, even without imposing full interconnection
(settlement-free or not :-) within a geographic region.
--
Simon, AS559.