BCP for multisite multihoming

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Tue May 22 17:15:49 CEST 2007

David Conrad <david.conrad at icann.org> writes:

> Irrelevant for the question being asked, however I believe the IETF
> and RIRs have spoken that address use efficiency isn't relevant with
> IPv6.

This is going to far in the other extreme, from my perspective.
Address use efficiency is (of course) still important, but the overall
balance between "efficiency" and "aggregation" has shifted with
IPv6. We can surely be less efficient in usage in order to achieve
better aggregation. But that is a shift in the balance, and should not
be taken to mean that address use efficiency "isn't relevant".

Thomas