finish my RFC before posting

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri May 18 10:34:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:20:37AM +0100, Daniel Austin MBCS wrote:
> If we want people to be encouraged to use IPv6, we have to work with
> them not against them.  Several smaller ISPs that we deal with are of
> the opinion that IPv6 isn't for them as they can't maintain their
> business models, stability and SLAs without the same kind of multihoming
> that they have currently.

Smaller ISPs *really* should become LIRs - after all, this is the only (!)
way to get independent address space that can be further distributed to
end customers.  PI addresses are not meant to be used to number
"ISPs and their customers", but "the network holding the PI space".

Which is not different from IPv4, btw...

Gert Doering
        -- APWG chair
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  113403

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279