IPv6 PI allocation

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 itojun at itojun.org
Thu May 17 09:12:23 CEST 2007

	i was checking RIPE presentations, and found this presentation rather
	disturbing.
	http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/IPv6_Routing_Table.pdf
	on page 13, it says that there re 100 /48 prefixes announced worldwide.
	among them, 50 are PI allocations, which means 5% of the total # of
	prefixes (it is below 1000).
	we have to stop PI allocation, or we need to have totally different
	algorithm for routing (mathematician please help me).

	it was fun to read but it is rather misleading as he would find many
	AAAA records on www.foo.{co,ac,ad}.jp or www.foo.jp.
	http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/IPV6_Deployment_in_reality.pdf

	i'm not on any of RIR lists, so please forward it if necessary.

itojun