Question about "proper" way to run v6/v4 website

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed May 2 02:50:29 CEST 2007

Niels Bakker wrote:
[..]
> Responding with different answers in the face of a forwarding chain of
> unknown length sounds like a bad idea.  The same reason applies to
> answering differently based on source IPv4 address: not everybody uses
> the nameserver closest to them (think e.g. of corporate VPNs of
> enterprises spanning multiple countries).

Suddenly it partially makes sense to me then why SourceForge can never
figure out where I am from, while the IPv4 address on the outside that I
am using to connect to the website is easily identified as from Dublin
(and thus HEAnet's mirror is literally around the corner) they tend to
give me mirrors in the US. Which is correct as the VPN'd DNS I am using
is located in... the US ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen