[ipv6-wg] IPv6 Deployment Panel at ICANN, Lisbon

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Mar 26 14:40:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Dimitrios Kalogeras wrote:
> I am trying to figure out the reason for that. Well It is not my
> surprise that ISPs have not yet adopted the RPSLng for documenting their
> new IPv6 routing policies. So we are stuck by hardwired policies which
> are not be propagated in routing filters.

Just as a data-point: many networks received their allocation before
the RIPE DB supported route6 objects (thus couldn't add them, and
have forgotten to do so after the support was added) or simply
haven't known route6 objects should be added too.  I believe in many
cases the operators would be willing to add the objects if approached
with a gentle reminder.

Maybe someone should send such reminders?  It'd maybe be best if RIPE
NCC could do this, but I'm not sure if such operational checks are
within their current toolbox..