Why not IPv6 yet (Re: IPv6 traffic data in Asian networks?)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sun Mar 25 13:04:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 08:41:39PM +0100, JAKO Andras wrote:
> > I haven't looked recently, but last time I looked, there were all sorts of
> > problems in dealing with ipv6 over DSL.  Some were related to using C10k
> > hardware.   Others were related to just really stupid LNS bugs. Let's not
> > pretend that ipv6 DSL support is on a parity with ipv4, because it isn't.
>
> It's only a small piece of the picture, but AFAIK the C10k bug is
> resolved. For example Hungarian Telecom runs a fixed IOS version on their
> C10ks in their production network. It works, I tested it.

Good news :-) - do you know the exact version they are using now?

Of course it's not that easy to get a new IOS version deployed in a network
the size of Deutsche Telekom...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  98999

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279