Why not IPv6 yet (Re: IPv6 traffic data in Asian networks?)

JAKO Andras jako.andras at eik.bme.hu
Sat Mar 24 20:41:39 CET 2007

> I haven't looked recently, but last time I looked, there were all sorts of
> problems in dealing with ipv6 over DSL.  Some were related to using C10k
> hardware.   Others were related to just really stupid LNS bugs. Let's not
> pretend that ipv6 DSL support is on a parity with ipv4, because it isn't.

It's only a small piece of the picture, but AFAIK the C10k bug is
resolved. For example Hungarian Telecom runs a fixed IOS version on their
C10ks in their production network. It works, I tested it.

Note that I'm not aware of any ISPs offering IPv6 over DSL among those
ISPs using Hungarian Telecom's DSL infrastructure, and their ISP business
unit (T-Online) is not an exception either.

Andras