ARIN PI space filters (2620:0000:/23)

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Tue Mar 20 08:13:57 CET 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Patrick Tudor wrote:
>> Another ARIN PI /48 to double check against is 2620:0:c0::/48
>> I've been announcing that prefix via Level3/AS3356 for a few months
>> and you'll see it suffers from the same reachability problems
>> Marc Blanchet is seeing with his 2620:0:230::/48 block.
>
> You also may want to register or have an upstream register route objects
> in a popular rdb.   It might help some.
>
> - Kevin

Hi,

Yes, that's a known issue... no route6 object and some folks which sit
behind a network that uses the same mechanisms for filtering out v4 and
v6 won't ever receive it. This is why RPSLng is somewhat important! :-)

Complaining about this from the side which is not receiving the
"unregistered" routes is imho not a good path... the effect of not
receiving these routes is just being caused by handling v6 in parity with
v4 -- in a production sense -- and in the end that's positive......

So, PLEASE place your v6 objects in the same location you register your v4
ones! :-)))

Best Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa                                            www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
  The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html
  "Internet is just routes (214049/730), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.