ARIN PI space filters (2620:0000:/23)

JAKO Andras jako.andras at eik.bme.hu
Mon Mar 19 21:31:27 CET 2007

> > Apparently there are quite a few ASN's who still filter the /48 PI's
> > from ARIN.
> >
> > Please verify your filters are up to date or bug your transits when your
> > ASN appears in the missing list, as can be checked live at:
> > http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?find=2620:0:230::/48
>
> Another ARIN PI /48 to double check against is 2620:0:c0::/48
> I've been announcing that prefix via Level3/AS3356 for a few months
> and you'll see it suffers from the same reachability problems
> Marc Blanchet is seeing with his 2620:0:230::/48 block.

Are there any pingable addresses available? I think this is one of the
usual methods nowadays to help resolve such issues (at least in IPv4).
Even the RIRs themselves set up pingable hosts in fresh v4 /8s. (Although
I'm not sure whether all RIRs do that.)

See also http://www.ris.ripe.net/debogon/debogon.html

Andras