IPv6 traffic data in Asian networks?

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Mon Mar 19 11:43:03 CET 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> Hi Carlos,

Hi,

> To make it short. Of course if you want to measure only native traffic
> that's ok, but is not a real figure about how the deployment is moving on.

My current question is: is it really moving on? where? :-))

In some european countries it's veryyyyyyyyy hard even to simply find a
dual-stack host, properly registered in the DNS, we can target with
v4 ICMP and v6 ICMP...

> The measurements I'm doing aren't biased in the sense that are being done in
> a set of web servers NOT related to IPv6, NOT related to telecom, just
> regular customers (hosted in dual stack).

Ok, that's a better insight... still no complaints about the v6 side
causing less performance from those customers???

> Unfortunately I don't have access or know about other sources for that info
> (neither in AP or other regions) :-(

Please drop me a line if you find something.

Any people from Asia/Pacific managing v4/v6 networks on this list? :-)

> Regards,
> Jordi

Best Regards,
Carlos