Contact for AS3356 (Level3) - Leak at Uk6x (AS1752)

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Mar 15 13:58:14 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:05:52AM -0000, jonathan.2.stevens at bt.com wrote:
> We're aware we need to clean this up, and we want to do so now.

Thanks! That's good news.

> In fact, anyone else with a view on how we should sort out this
> network please let me know.

It's not only about "which routes to distribute to whom" but also
"which localpref to use for which routes"... which comes down to
preferring routes received from downstreams over routes received
from peers/upstream. That'd be a good start.

This might/will conflict with the idea to run a "transparent L3
peering setup". You prolly can't have it both ways, properly...

Best regards,
Daniel