Contact for AS3356 (Level3) - Leak at Uk6x (AS1752)

jonathan.2.stevens at bt.com jonathan.2.stevens at bt.com
Thu Mar 15 11:05:52 CET 2007

Hi everyone, I'm the UK6x admin.

> BT dont advertise "customers" to their "peering" peers.  I use
> quotations as, you quite rightly said, they appear to have no
> concept of
> the different peer types - most likely due to time
> constraints on their part.

The AS1752 setup still contains some legacy connections from the days when people just wanted to get IPv6 connectivity, so you're correct that currently not every connection fits as a "customer" or "peer". AS 1752 is both an IX and a provider, a hybrid setup which is not common.

We're aware we need to clean this up, and we want to do so now.

Anyone on this list who peers with AS1752 please contact me to clarify your peering relationship and what routes you would like to get. In fact, anyone else with a view on how we should sort out this network please let me know.

Regards,
Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Stevens