Routing to ARIN from Teleglobe (2001:5a0::/32)

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Sun Feb 11 21:04:58 CET 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:15:20PM +0200, Andrew Alston wrote:

Hi,

this is going to be the last mail from me in this sub-thread. My
desperately trying to convince me of (frightening) state of things that
could easily be disproven by looking at the routing table (not talking
about the idea itself). Which were also the opposite thing of the last
known OCCAID statement why this issue was happening.

> If there is a problem with Occaid, I've generally found them to be VERY open
> to rational discussion and fixing things with simple requests, infact I've
> never had any grief from them whatsoever, has anyone actually bothered to
> email them and get comment from them about the problem and perhaps present
> that comment to the list?  Or are we all going to sit here ranting without
> ever informing noc at occaid.org of the problem?

OCCAID technical staff has been informed several times (at least two
times by me through IRC, first on August, 21st 2006) and always responded
that this issue was known (the community migration thing) and would be
fixed on the next maintenance window. I remember several discussions on
a public IRC channel about this issue (also with OCCAID technical staff
present and responding) and, last but not least, SixXS trouble tickets
for reachability issues with US POPs where OCCAID contact has been
claimed (and there is absolutely no reason to doubt them).

Remember that the wild ride of this thread started with accusing
Teleglobe of being the bad bad culprit here.

Regards,
Bernhard