Routing to ARIN from Teleglobe (2001:5a0::/32)

Randy Epstein repstein at chello.at
Sun Feb 11 17:44:51 CET 2007

>> OCCAID can't reach Teleglobe as it isn't in their routing tables.

Teleglobe can't reach OCCAID, OCCAID can't reach Teleglobe.  Hmm.  Maybe
they should peer?

OCCAID *is* an R&D network that provides IPv6 connectivity to many
institutions.  If you are a customer of Teleglobe and you can't reach
OCCAID, I think you should be taking out your frustration on Teleglobe.  You
PAY Teleglobe for connectivity, not OCCAID.

AFAIK, OCCAID has never turned down a peering request from Teleglobe.

>Along with a lot more than one hundred other allocations. Thanks to
>Jeroen there is a nifty tool to analyze the situation
>http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/all/?missing=30071

According to Jeroen's tool, the number is 63.  Out of those 63, 30 of those
prefixes are not seen by most (some are exchange (IX) prefixes, some are
just not routed to the Internet as a whole, etc).  This leaves 33, with most
likely half being resolved if Teleglobe would peer with OCCAID.

Teleglobe is the one flaunting the restrictive peering policy, whereas
OCCAID has taken a more reasonable approach.  Maybe these two networks
should just get a room, eh?

Regards,

Randy Epstein