IPv6 at NANOG 39

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sat Feb 3 23:34:50 CET 2007

Joe Abley wrote:

> On 3-Feb-2007, at 14:36, Udo Steinegger wrote:
>
>> I wonder why the IPv6 connectivity does not come from
>> Teleglobe, the hoster of this NANOG ?
>
> Teleglobe/VSNL International and the Toronto Internet Exchange are
> co-hosting the meeting.
>
> Teleglobe don't have native IPv6 available on all of their edge routers
> yet, and in particular not the router that we're connected to.

A tunnel over Teleglobe's own IPv4 infrastructure is not a bad thing.
A tunnel's over OTHER people's infrastructure though are a bad thing.

> If there were others with native IPv6 networks attached to the TorIX we
> could probably ride native that way, but none of the small handful of
> people doing IPv6 peering there currently have native v6 transit
> themselves, so although we'll be peering with them, there's little
> opportunity for practical native v6 there.

Strange IX indeed, no other transits in the member list.
It does have some European players there though: AS15703, AS13030
The first of which, TrueServer BV, might even be able to provide transit
to Europe. Also ISC (AS30130) might be able to help there!?
Did you contact those folks?

Greets,
 Jeroen