IPv6 at NANOG 39

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Sat Feb 3 23:04:02 CET 2007

On 3-Feb-2007, at 14:36, Udo Steinegger wrote:

> I wonder why the IPv6 connectivity does not come from
> Teleglobe, the hoster of this NANOG ?

Teleglobe/VSNL International and the Toronto Internet Exchange are co-
hosting the meeting.

Teleglobe don't have native IPv6 available on all of their edge
routers yet, and in particular not the router that we're connected to.

If there were others with native IPv6 networks attached to the TorIX
we could probably ride native that way, but none of the small handful
of people doing IPv6 peering there currently have native v6 transit
themselves, so although we'll be peering with them, there's little
opportunity for practical native v6 there.

Joe