AAAA glue records from TLD/CC registrars - Was: Question about "proper" way to run v6/v4 website

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Thu Apr 19 20:40:50 CEST 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Daniel Austin MBCS wrote:

> Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> First you would need to get AAAA glue records from your upstream, which is
>> likely not supported yet.
>
> For anyone on this list... Nominet UK support AAAA glue for .uk domains, and
> Enom, Inc. support AAAA glue for (at least) .com/.net/.org domains (you have
> to raise a support ticket for it as their portal doesn't have support for it,
> but they do it quickly)
>
> A lot of registrars wont support it in their portal (or not at all!). We
> support AAAA glue on our portal for .uk domains.  For com/net/org, use Enom
> :)
>
> It would be nice to have a list someplace of which registrars support AAAA
> glue - is there one around?
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Daniel Austin MBCS
> Managing Director
> Kewlio.net Limited

And what about ccTLD Registry Portals? (mostly www.nic.<iso3166>)

I was asked that question yesterday... as far as i could look, only found
two: the registries for .FR and .MT

The maltese portal shows your address back, and the french one has a nifty
image on the upper left side! :-)

Soon, we will have at least one more to add to this list.

Cheers,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa                                            www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
  The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html
  "Internet is just routes (216399/730), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.