Say "Thank you" to Bill...

Max Tulyev maxtul at netassist.kiev.ua
Sat Apr 7 20:13:40 CEST 2007

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On 27-mrt-2007, at 12:01, Max Tulyev wrote:
>
>> i.e. if at the network to which Mac is connected there is DHCPv6 and it
>> works - we will see our IPv6 address when visiting for example
>> www.ripe.net with all Mac's setup by default.
>
> What are you talking about!? Macs don't do DHCPv6.

And what type of autoconfig they do? This one is enabled by default and
compatible with Cisco.

> Then again, never understimate the trouble a clueless firewall admin can
> cause.

Yes. But I think we should think about compatibility in this case. If
something goes wrong - it should fall back to old one without manual
troubleshooting.

--
WBR,
Max Tulyev (MT6561-RIPE, 2:463/253 at FIDO)